The Sonoma County Bar Association Invites You to Join Our Lawyer Referral Service for 2020!
We Have Panels in the Following Categories:
Note: If your practice area of law is not shown and you would like to establish a panel for referrals, please contact Win Rogers at the SCBA office. Contact information is below
- $80 per Panel, up to a maximum fee of $320. There is no limit to the number of panels that can be applied for.
- $80 per panel, plus an administration fee of $75
- View the 2021 Packet for New Panelists, includes the Modest Means Program information »
- View the 2021 Packet for Renewing Panelists, includes the Modest Means Program information »
- Download SCBA’s Membership Application 2021 »
- View the LRS Flyer – Panelists Needed – COLOR »
What Is LRS?
The Sonoma County Bar Association Lawyer Referral Service (LRS) refers clients to attorneys who have been assigned to various subject matter panels. Our service is well-established, respected in the Sonoma County legal community, and is certified by the State Bar of California, Certificate 0056. The LRS, for a nominal fee, provides callers with the name of an attorney who will provide a thirty-minute consultation. The consultation is an opportunity for the prospective client to explain the general nature of their legal problem, for the attorney to explain his/her fee structure and to determine if the case is one he/she wishes to pursue.
Why Should I Join?
The LRS receives more than 3,000 calls per year. Our trained staff only refers cases matching your experience and interests. As an LRS Panel member, you receive quality referrals for a small fraction of the cost of advertising in the yellow pages or on the internet. Whether you are hanging a shingle for the first time, or have an established practice, we can help your practice grow. From 2000 to 2018, LRS Panel attorneys earned a total of $7,633,944 from clients referred to them by the LRS. Of that total, $628,213 was earned by panelists in 2018. The panelists’ fees paid in 2018 to the LRS to earn that $628,213 was $5,890. On average, the attorneys who joined panels received a return of $7,058!
Am I eligible to join?
You are eligible to join the Lawyer Referral Service if you:
- Maintain an office in Sonoma County
- Carry malpractice insurance
- Provide proof of experience for required panels
Dues for memberships in the LRS for SCBA members are as low as $80 per panel. Dues are higher for non-SCBA members. You may join as many panels as you like, with the panel fees capping at $320.