We're Very Pleased to Welcome Members and Friends to Our Office and Offsite Events!
SCBA will continue to provide remote options at seminars for those who are unable or do not wish to be vaccinated and/or are not comfortable meeting in-person for whatever reason.
Covid-19 Safety Acknowledgment and Assumption of the Risk
Covid-19 Safety Information:
Because covid-19 is extremely contagious and is spread mainly from person-to-person contact, SCBA has put in place preventive measures to reduce the spread of covid-19 while participating in events held or sponsored by SCBA; however, SCBA cannot guarantee that its participants, volunteers, partners, or others in attendance will not become infected with covid-19.
In light of the ongoing spread of covid-19, individuals who fall within any of the categories below should not engage in in-person SCBA activities . By attending an in-person program, you certify that you do not fall into any of the following categories:
- individuals who currently or within the past five (5) days have experienced any symptoms associated with covid-19;
- individuals who believe that they may have been exposed to a confirmed or suspected case of covid-19 or have been diagnosed with covid-19 and are not yet cleared as non-contagious per CDC guidelines.
Assumption of the Risk:
In attending an in-person program, you acknowledge and understand the following:
- Participation includes possible exposure to and illness from infectious diseases including but not limited to covid-19. While particular rules and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious illness and death does exist;
- You knowingly and freely acknowledge this risk and understand and represent that you will honestly and responsibly make representations of your vaccination and health status. You will always conduct yourself responsibly at the SCBA office and SCBA-sponsored activities while fully obeying all requirements of the organization and the venue.
Duty to Self-Monitor:
Participants agree to self-monitor for signs and symptoms of covid-19 and make decision on attending based on this monitoring.
All visitors to the SCBA office and participants at an in-person program hosted or sponsored by SCBA are required to review the following list of covid-19 symptoms and risk factors below.
- fever or chills (fever = 100.4°f/38°c or above)
- shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- muscle or body aches (lower back pain, in particular)
- new loss of taste or smell
- sore throat
- congestion or runny nose
- nausea or vomiting
- within the past 5 days, have you had contact (been within 6 feet for more than 15 minutes) with anyone that had covid-19 or covid-19 symptoms?
- within the past 10 days, have you tested positive for covid-19?
- have you been instructed by a public health official or healthcare professional to quarantine or isolate due to a potential covid-19 exposure?
If there is a positive response to any of the items listed above prior to the program, contact SCBA at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional guidance. Please do not come to the SCBA office or attend an offsite program hosted by SCBA.
COVID Precautions for In-Person Activities:
Proof of Vaccination
In-person attendees are required to be up-to-date on COVID vaccinations as recommended by the CDC. Attendees may be asked to show proof of vaccination at the activity when checking-in. For faster service, please download the Clear app on your mobile device and set-up your free Health Pass in the app. For more info on the Health Pass, please visit the Clear website: https://www.clearme.com/support/healthpass.
Seating in SCBA's meeting room has been reduced in order to provide more space between attendees at meetings and seminars. There are now approximately 35 seats available in the meeting room. When you register for any seminar with SCBA, it will be assumed you are registering for the remote (zoom) option unless you contact our office to let us know you intend to attend in-person. SCBA staff will then give you instructions for providing proof of vaccination for the in-person activity. Anyone who wishes to attend in-person should make arrangements with the SCBA office to reserve their seat as soon as possible to make sure there are still seats available. Seats will not be saved for walk-ins. Anyone who hasn't pre-registered should call the SCBA office before they arrive to make sure there are seats available and to receive instructions on providing proof of vaccination.
Similarly, anyone who wishes to attend a section meeting in-person (when availability for such is announced by the section) should contact the SCBA office to reserve their seat.
Masking is encouraged, but not required.
Social Distancing Preferences
Color-coded badges will be made available to attendees in order to let others know their social distancing comfort level.
- Red indicates a person wishes to be socially distant from others. Keeping a 6’ distance, when reasonably able, would be appreciated.
- Yellow indicates a person is comfortable with an elbow bump greeting and some social distancing, but staying 6’ back isn’t necessary.
- Blue indicates a person is comfortable with no social distancing.
Hand sanitizer will be located at key locations throughout the office, including, but not limited to, food and beverage area(s), meeting rooms, and the registration table/front desk. We encourage all attendees to wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, after blowing their nose, coughing, or sneezing and before eating. Avoid touching your mask, eyes, nose, and mouth.