Mission: The purpose of the Family Law Section is to provide a forum for family law mediators, practitioners and court-involved professionals to keep each other informed and educated related to news, issues, projects, and trainings that relate to the practice of family law in Sonoma County, as well as to effectively discover and implement ways to improve the practice of Family Law within our county.
Membership in the Family Law Section of the SCBA includes the ability to:
- Attend the multitude of educational seminars specific to the practice of family law which are offered each year.
- Participate in the discussions and input (through the FL Steering Committee and Rules Sub-Committee) of local rule amendments
- Be appraised of changes in court staffing, processes, judicial officer assignments, etc., which effect the Family Law Section
- Receive notices via email of time sensitive changes or notices that effect the practice of Family Law.
Family Law Section Committees:
Family Law Steering Committee (FLSC)
- 2020 Chair: Kinna Crocker
- 2020 Board Representative: Joanna Kleppe
- 2020 Secretary: Charlotte Creaghan
- 2020 FLSC Liaison to Education Committee: Roz Bateman Smith
Mission: The Family Law Steering Committee (“FLSC”) is a sub-committee of the Sonoma County Bar Association (“SCBA”). The committee is made up of representatives from the groups of professionals, agencies, and organizations that work with family law litigants in Sonoma County.
The purpose of the committee is to provide a monthly forum for these family law mediators and court-involved professionals to keep each other informed of news, issues, projects, and trainings that relate to the practice of family law in Sonoma County.
This Committee meets to discuss significant issues and news in the Court pertaining to the practice of Family Law in Sonoma County. Minutes of all FLSC meetings are distributed to all Family Law Section members after the minutes have been approved, about one to two months after the meeting.
Membership on the Committee includes family law attorneys, the Family Law Judicial Officers, the Manager of the Family Law Clerk’s Office, the Manager of Family Court Services, the Family Law Facilitator, the Chief Child Support Attorney from the Department of Child Support Services, and the Chair of the SCBA Family Law Mental Health Liaison Committee.
Family Law Education Committee
- Chair: Shawn Bunyard
- Vice-Chair: Tricia Seifert
- Liaison to Family Law Steering Committee: Roz Bateman Smith
FL Mental Health Liaison Committee (MHLC)
- Chair: Elizabeth Crenshaw
- Liaison to Family Law Steering Committee: Robin Estes
Mission Statement: The MHLC facilitates trainings, works to improve communications between professionals that work with families in crisis, by bringing together the family law judicial officers, court-involved therapists, and family law attorneys.
FL Rules & Best Practices Committee
- Chair and Liaison to the Family Law Steering Committee: Kathleen Henderson
FL Title IV Liaison Committee
- Liaison to Family Law Steering Committee: Ann Larson
Kinna CrockerCrocker Law
819 Third St., Ste. 100
Santa Rosa, CA 95404
2020 Vice Chair & Board Representative:
Johanna KleppeKleppe Family Law & Mediation
829 Sonoma Avenue
Santa Rosa, CA 95404