Mission: The purpose of the Family Law Section is to provide a forum for family law mediators, practitioners and court-involved professionals to keep each other informed and educated related to news, issues, projects, and trainings that relate to the practice of family law in Sonoma County, as well as to effectively discover and implement ways to improve the practice of Family Law within our county.
Membership in the Family Law Section of the SCBA includes the ability to:
- Attend the multitude of educational seminars specific to the practice of family law which are offered each year.
- Participate in the discussions and input (through the FL Steering Committee and Rules Sub-Committee) of local rule amendments
- Be appraised of changes in court staffing, processes, judicial officer assignments, etc., which effect the Family Law Section
- Receive notices via email of time sensitive changes or notices that effect the practice of Family Law.
Johanna KleppeMerrill, Arnone & Jones, LLP
3554 Round Barn Blvd., Suite 303
Santa Rosa, CA 95403
2021 Board Representative:
Roz Bateman SmthProvencher, Flatt & Bateman Smith 823 Sonoma Ave. Santa Rosa, CA 95404
Family Law Section Committees:
Family Law Steering Committee (FLSC)
- 2021 Chair: Joanna Kleppe
- 2021 Vice-Chair: Roz Bateman Smith
- 2021 Secretary: Charlotte Creaghan
The Family Law Steering Committee (“FLSC”) is a sub-committee of the Sonoma County Bar Association's (“SCBA”) Family Law Section. The committee is made up of representatives from the groups of professionals, agencies, and organizations that work with family law litigants in Sonoma County.
The purpose of the committee is to provide a monthly forum for these family law mediators and court-involved professionals to keep each other informed of news, issues, projects, and trainings that relate to the practice of family law in Sonoma County.
This Committee meets to discuss significant issues and news in the Court pertaining to the practice of Family Law in Sonoma County. Minutes of all FLSC meetings are distributed to all Family Law Section members after the minutes have been approved, about one to two months after the meeting.
Membership on the Committee includes family law attorneys, the Family Law Judicial Officers, the Manager of the Family Law Clerk’s Office, the Manager of Family Court Services, the Family Law Facilitator, the Chief Child Support Attorney from the Department of Child Support Services, and the Chair of the SCBA Family Law Mental Health Liaison Committee.
Family Law Education Committee
- Chair: Tricia Seifert
- Vice-Chair: Michael Fish
- Liaison to Family Law Steering Committee: Roz Bateman Smith
FL Mental Health Liaison Committee (MHLC)
- Chair: Elizabeth Crenshaw
- Liaison to Family Law Steering Committee: Robin Estes
The MHLC facilitates trainings, works to improve communications between professionals that work with families in crisis, by bringing together the family law judicial officers, court-involved therapists, and family law attorneys.
FL Rules & Best Practices Committee
- Chair and Liaison to the Family Law Steering Committee: Kathleen Henderson
FL Title IV Liaison Committee
- Liaison to Family Law Steering Committee: Ann Larson