The Sonoma County Superior Court, working in conjunction with the Bench Bar Section of the Sonoma County Bar Association, now offers voluntary e-service.
Implementing e-service in your Sonoma County cases is simple. The Court has pre-approved the Stipulation and Order to submit for case(s) in which you want to use e-service. See local rule 18.16.
E-service cuts the time and expenses associated with pleadings and discovery, including postage, courier fees, printing costs, and stuffing envelopes by using a secure, password-protected Web site to disseminate documents.
All it requires is a computer and an internet connection. There’s no special software. No fees for training or support. You pay a single transaction fee to serve all of the parties in your case. And you can automatically receive an email notification when you receive new incoming service of documents filed by other counsel in your case.
The advantages to e-service are:
- Increased Efficiency: Send multiple documents to multiple parties.
- Speed of Delivery: Eliminate postal delays.
- Verifiable Proof of Delivery: Never worry that things got lost in the mail or were blocked by firewalls or spam filters.
- Reduced Costs: On photocopying, messengers and postage charges.
- Searchable On line Repository: Instant, 24/7 access to all e-served case documents.
- Save Storage Space and Trees: Reduce the amount of paper kept on file.
- Courtesy copy provided immediately to the court: Each of the Civil Court Judges will have access to pleadings over the internet. No more worries about them not receiving the Reply Brief sufficiently in advance of the hearing.
You receive instant confirmation that your documents have been delivered so you have a record of the parties served and the date and the time delivered. Never again worry about important documents being lost, altered or corrupted. With e-service you gain speed, efficiency and an immediate cost-savings over old-fashioned paper-based systems.
Please see the attached flyer for more information.
Information regarding the following service providers is available using the following links: